Besides features and functionality, one of the main differences between low-end PC software packages and even many mid-tier back-office solutions and the truly scalable, industrial-strength Fitrix ERP applications is the database technology “under the hood.” Growing small and medium-size businesses today want business applications with the technology infrastructure that can scale to support many users simultaneously accessing large amounts of transactional and analytical data. To do that, savvy customers know they need a high-performance, low-maintenance SQL relational database engine like the one that’s built into Fitrix ERP.
Fitrix ERP includes the IBM Informix® Express Edition SQL relational database at no additional charge. The Informix database is an advanced “load-and-go” database server with more than 20 years of proven reliability. Benefits of Informix for small and medium-size business include:
- Easy to install and deploy
- Easy to manage
- Reliable and dependable
- Easy to learn and use
- Bundled into Fitrix (no additional cost)
- Easily upgradeable
With the Informix database technology, you’ll literally never outgrow its capabilities. The Informix Express Edition version that’s included with Fitrix ERP is easily upgraded to the larger-platform Growth and Enterprise Editions (you’re running the same database software as these more expensive versions, the only difference is the licensing).
From a database technology standpoint, the IBM Informix SQL database is truly state-of-the-art, with “world-class” features and capabilities that will enable your Fitrix ERP applications–and your business–to grow for many years to come. Advanced capabilities of the Informix database for small and medium-size businesses are numerous:
- Small footprint, silent install and self-managing capabilities make Informix an ideal application-embedded database
- Autonomic features eliminate system failures and improve performance
- Automated Backup and Restore functions ensure high level of data availability and restoration while eliminating many manual tasks
- Secure communications features and the ability to meet regulatory requirements such as Basel II, Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA
- Exploitation of the Linux ® 2.® 2.6 kernel makes Informix on Linux an excellent entry-level platform for small to mid-size businesses