Last Updated: Fall 2014
Please note that this page describes the server requirements if you elect to run Fitrix on your premise based server or via private hosting. Fitrix is also available in a Cloud/Software-As-A-Service (SAAS) model which does not require any server.
Server Hardware Requirements
The following specifications are the minimum recommended for a physical or virtual server that will support up to the indicated number of users for a typical Fitrix ERP implementation. A useful system life of 3-5 years is anticipated. Hardware resources of less than those recommended below may provide more than adequate performance for some implementations; however, growth should be considered. Another factor not comprehensively addressed by these recommendations is upgrade capability. Remember that hardware technology and prices change rapidly and these recommendations are based on readily-available products on the date this document was last updated.
- The standard Fitrix ERP license is limited to a maximum of 2 dual core processors or 1 quad core processor on the physical or virtual server (see full details on the “complete Linux server requirements” link below). Additional licensing fees apply beyond these limits.
- RAM is inexpensive and can improve system performance by adding more than the recommended value.
- No need for high-end graphics card for Linux console.
Server Operating System Requirements
Fitrix is supported on a native Linux Server or can be shipped as a ready to use pre-installed VMware virtual environment that can be hosted on a Windows server or any Intel based server that supports VMware (Windows, Linux, ESX, ESXi)
Linux Server Software Requirements – Overview
- Development or Professional version of Linux software
Supported Linux Distributions (click complete requirements link below for supported versions)
- Red Hat Enterprise Series
- For all others, please contact Fourth Generation Software
VMware Server (Pre-installed Fitrix server virtual environment) Software Requirements – Overview
- Server Options:
- Server chipset must be Intel
- VMware version 2.02 or later
Client Hardware and O/S Requirements
- Windows Client: (Minimum Requirements)
- Intel processor (pentium and up)
- 10 MB available hard drive space
- 32 MB RAM
- TCP/IP and Telnet connection to Linux Host
- Windows XP or better (Win XP/7/8)
- X11 (X-Windows) Client (Client must be Intel processor based and support WINE)