Fitrix ERP Production Order Processing also supports both make to order and make to stock transactions. When sales orders are entered for items designated as make to order, production orders are automatically created when the sales order is saved.The production order is linked to the sales order, to facilitate component material picking and shipping when the end item is produced and received into stock.
Production orders are the foundation supporting the ability to manage manufacturing operations. Orders are ‘Released’ in response to demand for an item being sold, or being used in a higher level item. Once released, the orders are used to manage material, labor, overhead, and outside processes, with the expectation that an expected quantity will be completed within a specific timeframe. Reports and inquiries are available to analyze current production status, and act on exceptions requiring attention.
- Modular Integration - direct integration with Item Management, Bills of Material, Standard Routing, Labor Processing, Materials Resource Planning, Sales Order Entry, Purchasing, and General Ledger
- Orders can be processed for both make to order and make to stock. Orders can be set up for items which are a variant of a standard item. A fixed bill of material can be used, but changes are allowed to define a slightly customized product.Orders can be established for prototype items, with no bill of material initially. The components can be added as needed to configure the new item.
- Hold codes prevent activities for an order downstream of order entry
- Notified of short components when the work order is saved and prompted to create vendor purchase for these components to vendors on the Approved Vendors List (AVL).
- Serial number tracking of the components that make up the end item produced
- Order splits allow production for an existing order to be moved ahead of the base order
- Components can be issued via Component Issue or Production Receipt (back flushed)
- Production scrap – with assignment of a reason code
- Job Shop Capabilities - using Sales Order Entry in conjunction with Production work orders, Routing, and Labor Processing you can create “jobs” for MTN items (Make To Non stock) and roll up costs that will then calculate a rolled up price if the sales order is not designated as fixed priced
- Unlimited freeform notes may be included on a production order. The notes may be entered at the order summary level, or for each component, or each routing step
- Order History - completed production orders are flagged to indicate they are ready for close. The closed orders can be removed from the system, or moved to production order history. Inquiries can be used to review orders in history, to determine past production methods and effectiveness.
- Inquiries include Production Order Status, Production Order History, and Components Requirements
- Order Shortage
- Order Detail
- Order Detail- by Job
- Order History Detail
- Order Component Comparison
- Production Order Status Report
- Job Cost/Price Detail Report
- Work in Process Cost Status
- Print Production Order Log
- Job Price Summary by Salesperson/Customer
- Unassigned Component Serial/Lot Report