To do that, savvy customers know they need a high-performance, low-maintenance SQL relational database engine like the one that's built into Fitrix ERP.
Fitrix ERP includes the IBM Informix® Express Edition SQL relational database at no additional charge. The Informix database is an advanced "load-and-go" database server with more than 20 years of proven reliability. Benefits of Informix for small and medium-size business include:
- Easy to install and deploy
- Easy to manage
- Reliable and dependable
- Easy to learn and use
- Bundled into Fitrix (no additional cost)
- Easily upgradeable
With the Informix database technology, you'll literally never outgrow its capabilities. The Informix Express Edition version that's included with Fitrix ERP is easily upgraded to the larger-platform Growth and Enterprise Editions (you're running the same database software as these more expensive versions, the only difference is the licensing).
From a database technology standpoint, the IBM Informix SQL database is truly state-of-the-art, with "world-class" features and capabilities that will enable your Fitrix ERP applications–and your business–to grow for many years to come. Advanced capabilities of the Informix database for small and medium-size businesses are numerous:
- Small footprint, silent install and self-managing capabilities make Informix an ideal application-embedded database
- Autonomic features eliminate system failures and improve performance
- Automated Backup and Restore functions ensure high level of data availability and restoration while eliminating many manual tasks
- Secure communications features and the ability to meet regulatory requirements such as Basel II, Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA
- Exploitation of the Linux ® 2.® 2.6 kernel makes Informix on Linux an excellent entry-level platform for small to mid-size businesses